- I believe the Bible to be the inspired and infallible Word of God.
- I believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- I believe that Jesus Christ is God’s Son born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, provided the atonement of our sins by His substitutionary death on the cross, was raised bodily from the dead, ascended back to the right hand of the Father, and lives to make intercession for us.
- I believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit taught in the Bible and that they are valid for today if they are exercised within biblical guidelines. I believe the gifts are to be exercised in love so that the whole Body of Christ may be edified. I believe that love is more important than the most spectacular gifts and without this love all exercise of the spiritual gifts is “as nothing” as the Bible states in 1 Corinthians 13:1-3.
- I believe man was created innocent and pure, but with Adam’s disobedience to God in the Garden of Eden, mankind became corrupted in body, mind, and spirit. Therefore, everyone is in need of salvation, which is found through faith in Jesus Christ.
Salvation—How to Have a Personal Relationship with God
- Salvation is a free gift of God. “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast” (Ephesians 2:8-9, niv).
- Every person is born a sinner because of Adam’s disobedience. “Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned” (Romans 5:12, niv).
- Every person has sinned. Sin is a wrong thought, attitude, or action. Sin separates us from God since God is holy and sinless. “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23, niv).
- The penalty for sin is death, which is eternal separation from God. “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 6:23, niv).
- The Good News is that Jesus Christ died on the cross to take the punishment for our sins. He was our Substitute. He wants to be our Savior. “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8, niv).
- A person is saved when he believes the truth about sin and a Savior within his heart and confesses them with his mouth. “That if you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved” (Romans 10:9-10, niv).
- God promises salvation for the sinner who comes to Him. “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved” (Romans 10:13, niv).
If you want to accept God’s plan for salvation, simply pray something like the following:
“Dear Lord, I know that I am a sinner. I know that there is nothing I can do on my own to be saved. I believe You are God. I believe in Your Son, Jesus Christ. I trust that Jesus died on the cross for my sins and through His sacrifice I am forgiven. I accept Your gift. I receive Jesus Christ as my Lord and my Savior. I thank You for this wonderful free gift You have given me! In Jesus’ precious name, amen.”